In follow-up to our last post, I want to introduce to you our Dishmachine Installation Checklist. This checklist is designed to help our sales representatives ask the questions needed to ensure our customers have a smooth, trouble-free Dishmachine Installation. At Cook’s Correctional, we are continually working to improve the expertise of all our staff, and sales and customer service in particular since they are directly in communication with you, our customer. While much simpler than the Dishmachine Checklist from our last post, the Installation Checklist is no less important. This checklist is designed to understand the scope of work involved in the installation, to ask questions that will help uncover potential problems in the installation before they occur and to identify the resources that you’ll want to have on hand as the installation takes place. If you are considering a purchase of a new dishmachine or in need of replacing your old machine, we suggest that you review the Dishmachine Checklist from our previous post and the checklist below. Thinking through the process before you buy will help you to get the best product to meet your needs and to have a worry-free installation when the time comes:
Resources to have contact information for in case of questions/problems:
- Factory Representative:
- Local Rep Group:
- Cook’s Correctional Contact:
Scope of Work:
- Will we remove the old equipment?
- Are we delivering to the site or to the installers warehouse?
- Does the machine need to be uncrated by the installers or will maintenance do it?
- Does it need to be moved to its final destination?
- Does it need to be set in place?
- Does it need to be bolted down?
- Verify the location of the utilities; water, gas, electric, steam?
- Who will make the final connections?
- Does the end-user have any additional information about the site/job?
Other Questions to Ask:
- Is this a new placement or a 1 for 1 replacement?
- Are the utilities within 3 feet of the machine? if not they will need to be relocated for the installation.
- What are the delivery requirements for this project?
- Will the kitchen still be serving during this transition? what accommodations need to be made? (for instance – disposable trays for a day)
- Will there be a menu change for a day?
- What clearance (security) requirements are needed for on site installation and delivery crews?
- Is there adequate room to move the equipment? as well as remove old equipment?
- What time can the work be done?
- Will on staff maintenance be involved in the project?
- What is the expected timeline?
- Any other client expectations that need to be identified up front?
Our goal at Cook’s Correctional with your dishmachine installation, as well as any installation of Kitchen Equipment, is to be an expert for you and to guide you through the process. We want to remove the unexpected and to make the process as painless as possible. Replacing equipment can be very difficult for corrections because you’re serving three times a day, seven days a week without a break. If you’re looking to do any work in your kitchen, be sure to give your sales rep a call and let us show you how we can help.
We’re happy to share this Dishmachine Installation checklist with you and hope you find it helpful. Our next post will be specific to Flight Type dishmachines, commonly found in correctional facilities, with specific questions that you should ask prior to considering the purchase and installation of a flight type dishmachine.